In a statement released on the occasion of ENNHRI’s General Assembly Meeting on 6 March 2017, European NHRIs call for solidarity with the countries whose refugee reception and protection mechanisms are under pressure and express concern about push-backs at borders.
ENNHRI members urge EU member... Read more
ENNHRI’s Working Groups engage with various human rights issues of relevance for Europe, such as the reform of the European Court of Human Rights, the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), migration issues and the protection of the rights of those fleeing from humanitarian catastrophes. Members meet annually to exchange information and good practice. They combine their national expertise to engage with developments on a European level and agree on common positions and responses to specific issues.
- Legal Working Group (focused on the European legal structures)
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- Asylum and Migration
- Business and Human Rights
Two other groups are dealing with communications and accreditation issues.
- Facilitate contact between staff members of European NHRIs on thematic human rights topics of relevance for the European region, including information exchange and mutual learning;
- Prepare regional statements in relation to the relevant thematic human rights topic, on behalf of European NHRIs, that can be advocated on a regional and national basis;
- Provide expert engagement on a regional basis on behalf of European NHRIs on the relevant thematic human rights topic.