In a statement released on the occasion of ENNHRI’s General Assembly Meeting on 6 March 2017, European NHRIs call for solidarity with the countries whose refugee reception and protection mechanisms are under pressure and express concern about push-backs at borders.
ENNHRI members urge EU member... Read more
By working together with our regional and international partners, we can help to ensure complementarity of the activities carried out, avoid unnecessary duplication and maximise the impacts of our efforts to promote and protect human rights across Europe.
ENNHRI works closely with several organisations, including:
- Council of Europe
- OSCE-ODIHR (OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights)
- EU institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, European Council)
- EU Agencies such as the EU Agency on Fundamental Rights (FRA)
- The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP Europe and Central Asia)
- European networks of national bodies working on human rights
- European civil society organisations
In relation to European-level human rights mechanisms, ENNHRI has participation rights before various fora. It facilitates European NHRIs’ engagement with the human rights mechanisms, and also provides inputs from a regional perspective, collecting the relevant information from its members at the national level.
ENNHRI also communicates key developments at the European level to its members to assist in the smooth functioning of the European human rights framework.